Donation from Human Life and Rights club @ California High school
Posted By
나눔의 집
Date
2018-08-18
Add File

$1,235 USD was donated by '

Human Life and Rights club @ California High school' through PayPal

The club made a video about the issue of Japanese military 'comfort women' as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDL-fmc8lYk 

Thank you for their big donation and supports. 

I posted letters of 4 members sent to me with the donation here.

-------------

To the comfort women of Korea and their benevolent supporters, The House of Sharing,

Hello, my name is Eric Cho and I am the founder and president of the Human Life and Rights club at our school, California High School in San Ramon, California. As you may know, our club dedicates our time to researching topics which concern violation of basic human rights and/or their lives around the globe. Our first and most recent focus was the comfort women issue that concerned Japan and many other countries, prominently South Korea, China, and the Philippines. Each of our members were deeply disturbed by the atrocious actions of Japan during World War II during our research and each held a genuine want for action. Furthermore, the current members and I are from one of the nations that are involved in this incident, causing us to feel as if we are directly involved in the problem.

Through the club, we gained the power to make changes, whether it be small or not. During our spare time, we gathered facts and learned more on the problem, later on composing a document which we would utilize to create an informational video. By combining our thoughts on the matter and the history of the issue, we were able to produce a video that states our cause and stance. Additionally, we set up a fundraising page along with a small description and the video, encouraging anyone else to stand up for what the comfort women had endured.

As the one who initiated the program and introduced the issue to the group, I feel as if I am a messenger that was able to introduce such a shocking fact to my community. Even now, it is hard to believe that Japan would commit such crimes and continue to deny it decades after. It is near impossible for us to imagine what the comfort women endure daily, suffering from their past of torture. However, we see them as impossibly strong women as they have been able to continue and fight against a powerful enemy, the Japanese government. It is hard to imagine anyone else who carries such resolve and determination, making them worthy of receiving immeasurable amounts of respect.

Through our donation funds we have gathered and sent, we hope to support the House of Sharing’s activities in caring for such respectable women who deserve better. We are thankful that such organizations exist that publicly stand with the women. Again, please accept our donation and continue to help the comfort women claim the recognition they deserve.

Thank you and sincerely,

Eric Cho

-----------------

Dear comfort women,

I may only be a high schooler in America, who has not been through the unimaginable horrors as you all have and has probably lived a very sheltered life; however, that did not stop me or the others in our group to want to bring awareness to your stories and situations.

I first learned of comfort women when I visited a museum and memorial dedicated to the Rape of Nanking in China a few years ago. I read about the experiences many women had to go through and about those who managed to survive. However, I also learned that full responsibility was never taken. Soon after, I found that even more countries, including Korea and the Philippines, experienced these horrors too, which increasingly made me want to help them. It made me reflect on my life and the safety I live in. It also made me grateful for the fact that I can go to school, pursue my interests, and live a relatively happy life.

Now, after a few years since learning about the comfort women for the first time, my friends and I made a group dedicated to helping the comfort women and other underrepresented people in this world. We hope to raise awareness and make a difference no matter how big or small and to make this world a better place. I hope this donation will help the comfort women.

Sincerely,

Nadya Higgins

-------------

To the Comfort Women of Korea,

Hello. I am one of the members of our group which is raising awareness for your cause. We are but a few high schoolers in California looking to help raise the view on your struggles that you have faced. We know how hard it has been for you, and we hope you can live long with no more pain. I myself am a young Korean boy who looks to support you all to the end. Starting from last year, our group joined to create a short video to explain and collect donations to help your lives in any way possible. Our group here in America would like to give you the money we have raised and collected from fellow Americans who feel the same way as we do. Though most of us will never truly know the terrible experiences you have had, please know that deep down in all of our hearts we send our sympathies. We have worked hard to collect this money, and in the process have spread word of your suffering to many people who now know the truth of the past. We wish you a healthy life, and thank you!

Sincerely,

Eric Ko

----------

To the Korean government and the remaining comfort women,

I first learned about the history of comfort women from a friend. He sent me a video which gave me an explanation of the events that happened between the Japanese and Koreans. After watching this video, I was finally able to understand why the Japanese and Koreans have a bad relationship, which can still be seen today.

My  understanding of this unpleasant past allowed me to join a group of friends and try to do something about this issue. We know that the past cannot be undone, but we felt we could do something to make a difference. After several meetings, our group arranged to make a video to raise awareness about the issue and raise money. We hope this money will help the Korean government and honor the few remaining victims in Korea.

The past cannot be completely forgotten, but I hope that the history of Japan and Korea will allow both sides to create better relationships by reflecting on the past. The history of comfort women should be remembered in order to prevent a similar event from occurring in the future.

I imagine the remaining comfort women are still carrying this past within them, but I hope they can live the rest of their lives in comfort and peace.

Sincerely,

Ahya Snyder